Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Inspired By The Look"



I decided to start a fun little project called "Inspired by the look". I have a folder on my computer full of pictures of the looks I love. So I decided why not try to show my own results inspired by those looks? The picture below is from J Crew catalog. I've been wanting to copy it a lot because I have the same shorts and a very similar blazer.

But! I don't have a shirt like the one picture, nothing even close to it! So I had to fantasize. Obviously, the shirt in this picture is made of a light flowy material, not cotton, so the shirts I own have been crossed out.

I think that the main feature of the shirt in this look is that it is sort of "pajama style", so it really pulls the outfit together. If the shirt was too dressy, the shorts would look out of place. If there was a casual t-shirt, thje blazer would look weird. This exact shorts are not only casual khaki chinos, they are also very distressed and worn-looking, even with a few holes! The blazer, on the other hand, is a suit-type, very business looking, not casual at all. So choosing the right top is really the key here. I decided to go with a silk top with bird-print and flowing silhouette.

Another trick was choosing the right shoes. The J Crew model would probably be wearing some sneakers or slip-ons. I don't own any of these because I don't like any of these trends. So I went with brown wedge sandals.

Here is the result:









Blazer: Silvian Heach
Top: Juicy Couture
Shorts: J Crew
Sandals: Geox
Bag: Michael Kors
Watch: Juicy Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment