Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cold Day. Warm Night.




Coat: Juicy Couture
Dress: Juicy Couture
Tights: Calzedonia
Boots: Brian Atwood
Bag: Coach
Hat: Next
Necklace: Next

That was a usual cold autumn day, the one that required a hat and a fully zipped coat. I was even even a bit upset that I wouldn't be able to show my beautiful sweater dress.

But then there was the night. And the night was WARM! Unbelievable, but I didn't need my hat any more, nor I needed my coat to be zipped.

So here it is: a sweater dress. A must-have for the cold season. They are warm, they are easy to wear under coats, parkas, puffers - just any winter outerwear! And they have a big bonus of looking great under shorter jackets. AND, they give you a lot of opportunity to experiment with colored tights.

                                       Now, a few tips on choosing sweater dresses:

1. Don't buy sweater dresses that are too tight, or too form fitting, especially in the skirt area. You need that full, loose skirt to make an additional style point. I can't even begin to describe how long I've been hunting for the dress you see in this post!  
2. Look for a sweater dress with textured, quite thick, knit pattern. Don't even look at a jersey material! I've already talked a lot about it HERE, so now I will just remind that in will completely "destroy" your style and your fugure.
3. Look for a pattern in your dress, that combines several color so that you can play with colored tights. Or, for solid colored dresses, first buy a gray one. It will be like a canvas for creating LOTS of winter outfits, by adding colored tights, hats, scarves, coats and shoes.
4. When buying sweater dresses, always remember the color range of the outerwear you own. Especially, if you wear a lot of paterrned or color-blocked coats. I came across this issue many times: I'd buy those pretty dresses and end up with nothing to wear them under.















No comments:

Post a Comment