Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Power Of Make-Up/ Великая Сила Макияжа.



This post is not even about the way make-up can change us, make us more confident, or how it lets us be different and hide our flaws. This post is about the POWER it gives us, women, the power to change our lives.

I, personally, stay home all day long, every day. Taking care of my child with disability. I have all the  "rights" not to apply any make-up at all. I don't go to work, I am married and my husband doesn't care whether I wear make-up or not. Besides, make-up is considered to be harmful for your skin, it is supposed to clog your pores, or whatever, it is often blamed to be unnatural, or whatever. So, the most common rule is this: you HAVE to apply your make-up when you go to work, and in all the other cases NATURALITY is above everything.

Why, why, or why do we have to think and fight for the damn NATURALITY??? It is everywhere anyway! It surrounds us, it swallows us, it greets us every morning in the mirrow, and it says us "good night" there each evening, it bears the tragedies we went through in our lives, it shows every sign of our everyday concerns, it reveals us being sad, tired and unhappy.

I remember myself having just become a mother of a newborn baby, who also had cerebral palsy and lots of problems. My day consisted of trying to feed him every 2 hours, then trying to put him to sleep for the next 2 hours untill it is feeding-time again... Then the same again and again. And suddenly there was evening, and nighttime, and then morning came again, and AGAIN here I was: looking tired, with puffy eyes from crying and stress (my baby almost died at birth and then he spent a week in a coma), and dark circles under my eyes, with messy hair, and wearing an old t-shirt all covered in breast milk spots. I had been slowly falling into a deep depression, hearing all those prognoses for my son's diagnosis, which to me sounded like: "Your life is OVER!" I realized I had 2 choices: I could either sink completely, or I could fight.

So, I fought. For both myself and my son. As to my son, it meant I was going to do the best treatment program in the world to make him better and just never give up. As for myself, it was harder. I mean, I chose the harder option. I could just have devoted myself to my child, to being a mother, and that's it. It is a very easy path, but it is wrong. Any woman is not just a mother. There are so many important aspects in her life that need to be filled, and being a mother is only one of them. And actually, to be a good mother, a woman must first be a woman.

And definitely not that tired depressed creature with messy hair and dirty clothes that I was back then!

So one day I just changed that. May be it sounds silly and superficial, and even naive, but my first helper was make up. I just began applying make up every morning. Every single morning. Even if I wasn't planning to go outside the house, even if my whole day was going to consist of feeding my baby and then holding him trying to put him to sleep. Or, like now, when all my days mostly consist of doing physical therapy with my son.

By applying my make up every morning, I sort of put a mask over my face. But, please, do not get me wrong! It is a good kind of a mask.

It is a mask of a strong and confident woman.

A mask of a regular woman, who is not different from other women, who go to work every day while their kids go to kindergarten or school.

A mask of unstoppable faith and optimism.

A mask of a girl with a romantic soul, who finds it so difficult to survive in this world around her, in all that reality and naturality...

So let "naturality" be on my face at night, and let it sleep when I do. And when I am awake, let MAKEUP rule!






Этот пост даже не о том, как макияж преображает нас, придает уверенности в себе, позволяет меняться, маскировать недостатки. Он о той СИЛЕ, которую он дает нам, женщинам, - способность изменить нашу жизнь.

Вот я целый день дома. Дома с ребенком-инвалидом. Мне вообще можно не краситься  Я не хожу на работу, я замужем, и моему мужу все равно, накрашена ли я. А еще макияж типа вреден, забивает поры или что-то там еще, выглядит неестественно и еще куча  каких-то причин. Короче, на работу типа НАДО краситься, а во всех остальных случаях - "естественность" превыше всего! 

И кому она вообще нужна эта естественность? Она итак везде! Мы видим ее в зеркале, когда просыпаемся, мы видим ее там же в конце дня, она всегда там, эти заботы, эта жизнь, эта судьба, ее так много, и от нее не убежишь. Я помню себя после родов, как после ночного сна урывками, я быстро вставала и включалась в жизнь матери грудного ребенка-инвалида, и не успевала опомниться, как наступал вечер, ночь, и снова все сначала. Да, меня потихоньку затягивало в депрессию, я слышала ужасные диагнозы и прогнозы в отношении своего ребенка, и это как будто кричало мне со всех сторон: "Твоя жизнь окончена!" и я поняла: либо я утону, либо буду бороться. И я стала бороться. За сына и за себя. Про сына скажу кратко: заниматься, заниматься и никогда не сдаваться . Об этом подробно - в другом моем блоге dcp.by. С собой было сложнее, точнее, можно было поступить проще: я занимаюсь ребенком, он смысл моей жизни, и я растворяюсь в нем. Но это неправильно. Женщина должна реализоваться не только как мать. Мать - это только один из аспектов, и чтобы быть достойной матерью, нужно вначале быть женщиной. 

А вовсе не тем лохматым замученным существом, которым я ежедневно просыпалась  и бродила по квартире, одетая в нечто бесформенное, покрытое пятнами от молока.   

И я просто взяла и изменила это. Смешно может и глупо, но моей силой стал макияж. Я просто стала краситься. Каждое утро. Даже если я не собиралась никуда выходить из дома.  Даже если весь мой день должен был состоять из череды кормлений ребенка каждые 2 часа, и затем долгих укачиваний. А потом, и до сих пор, мои дни - это бесконечные занятия с Эдиком по реабилитации.

И все равно, каждое утро я первым делом делаю себе макияж. Таким образом я как будто "надеваю" на себя маску. Маску в хорошем смысле слова! 

Маску сильной и уверенной в себе женщины. 

Маску безудержной веры и оптимизма. 

Маску человека, который не сдается и идет вперед. 

Маску девочки, с неубиваемым романтизмом в душе, которому так трудно выжить в реальности и естественности.

И пусть естественность будет на моем лице ночью, вo снe! А днем у меня есть Его Величество МАКИЯЖ!



No comments:

Post a Comment