Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Rehabilitating the Subject of Skincare/ Реабилитируем тему ухода за лицом!





Ok, I know: I've been pretty furious and disappointed about the whole subject of skincare before. I still am, don't get me wrong! The fact still remains the same: most of these expensive brand-name skincare products are just pure adverstising. But the skin still needs some sort of a daily care routine, so I had to dig deeper and ... ended up discovering a few amazing products.

Turns out, you shouldn't search by brand. The key to finding great products is to search by a product. For example, if you need a cleanser - go buy a cleanser, don't buy an entire line that cleanser belongs to! Or, if you need a cleanser, go buy a cleanser; THE best cleanser based on your skin's needs, not a cleanser made by some brand that makes, say, the lipstick you like.

And, if you want one more advice, based on my personal poor judgement and budget-UNfriendly experience - don't read reviews. Especially - don't read the Paula's Choice Beautypedia reviews!

I got so burned by that web-site! It looks so friendly an inviting. SO temptingly caring about you, making sure you only buy the best products. And it is so easy to use: just choose the best-rated products!

That is what I did, and that is how I ended up with this and this. And I even almost placed an order for a bunch of Paula's Choice products with the DESPICABLE shipping rate of $80 to my country! The only thing that stopped me was running out of money...

I don't like how the Beautypedia reviews oppose the so-called "poor" rated products to the Paula's Choice products. In my opinion, if you decide to be a beauty-judge, you are supposed to be impartial, and that means EXCLUDING your own brand from those reviews.

 I don't like how she often gives many products a "poor" rate because of their price. I personally hate the price being a criteria for beauty reviews: it is nobody's business how much a woman CAN or IS WILLING to spend on her beauty stuff. A comparison of similar products in a different price range is nice. But trashing a product because YOU THINK it is expensive? That is below appropriate!

I don't like how there are so many remarkable products with low rating (but, ok, that is my personal view). But then, in some products alcohol is being "skin-damaging", and in the others - it just goes unnoticed, and the product gets the "best" rating. Do you smell advertising? I do! And after reading the latest review of the latest Clarisonic brush on Beautypedia - I don't even smell it, I am 100% convinced!

Ok, back to the tough question of searching for the right products. My personal idea is: ignore any reviews, know your skincare routine, learn to read the labels and use your good judgement. And never go beyond that!

My cleansing routine is the one I'll be talking about today, and it consists of 2 stages:

1. First cleanse with a balm and a moist cloth.

2. Second cleanse with a face wash.

Now, let's look at these steps closely and, at the same time, - at the products I use.

Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm.





Have you ever enjoyed the process of taking your make-up off?

I personally haven't ... untill I discovered this balm!

At first, I used to think, that you take your make-up off by just washing your face with whatever labeled as a face wash. That was until I accidentally noticed how washing my foundation-covered fingers with harsh soap and water DID NOT remove that foundation completely! I was terrified! I realized, how much make-up was left on my face every day, and, as well, where those clogged pores came from! I also realized, WHY every single skin care brand had a cleansing milk in their range of products.

So, I had a choice: to wash my face using a dish washing detergent or switch to double cleansing my face (make-up removal first, than cleansing the skin itself).

This is how I discovered the cleansing milk! It does remove make-up, but the process is FAR from enjoyable. To use it properly, you have to go through a million of cotton discs before it is done. A messy, TIME-CONSUMING and highly unpleasant process, isn't it?

Which led me to my next discovery - the today's hero - the cleansing balm!

The one by Clinique turned out to be the most accessible here where I live: a rare case when no online-shopping and months of waiting required, so I just went to a store and bought it.

The ingredients of the Clinique balm are amazing. The list of ingredients is very short, which is always a good thing. And, no mineral oil! With all of my pore-clogging experience, I deciced to stay away from it.

Now, lets get to the best part! Not only it replaces the messy make-up removing milk, but it makes you enjoy your evening routine. I mean it!

There is such a luxurious feel when you take the balm out of the jar, massage it all over your face, remove it with a damp towel and see a totally make-up free face. It is gone! Without using a single cotton disc! Without stretching your skin! And though, as all the Clinique products, it is labeled as fragrance-free, I can feel this creamy, buttery, delicate scent, that just drives me crazy! Sorry, Clinique, I do believe you did not put any fragrance in, but I have a really sensitive nose!

And do you want an example why you should NOT trust the Beautypedia reviews? Well, this balm did get a top rating there, but the comments are pure nonsense! They say this balm would be best for dry skin with no tendency to breakouts, because it is very emollient. First of all, I have oily skin prone to breakouts but I haven't had any single one since I started using this balm. Second,  cleanser shall not stay on your skin after you are done with it, no matter how good it is. It shall not leave ANY residue. So, why bother with choosing a cleanser based on your skin type?  I no, I sound crazy, but the only job of a cleanse is to leave your face clean. From my experience, cleansers for dry skin usually leave some film-like residue, pretending to "moisturise" your face, which is not a cleanser's job. Those for oily skin turn to be too harsh, they strip all the moisture from your face pretenting to mattify, treat acne or still least to prevent it. Do you seriously believe a cleanser could prevent acne???

So, my choice are cleansers labeled "for all skin types". And then YOU judge how well it cleans your skin!

The Clinique balm is greasy enough to be able to lift make-up but it wipes off with a damp cloth entirely. No greasy residue. I do use a double cleansing method, though, because I wear a lot of foundation, powder, etc. But I did a test: after cleansing my face with the Clinique balm, wiping it off - I wiped my face with a disc soaked with micellar water, and the disc was totally clean!

Micellar water is, of course, another great option for make-up removal. But it still requires that million of cotton discs before your face is totally clean, and, in my opinion, it is not gentle enough towards your skin. I am comparing to the balm, and micellar water is a bit drying - and I am the one with oily skin! As to using it as a morning cleanser - it first seemed like a great idea to me. May be, it is the "water" word, that made it seem like something almost similar to rinsing your face with water. But micellar water is not actually water - it is a make-up remover. A good make-up remover, I must say, which means it is anything but gentle. In the morning you don't need a make-up remover! You need a face wash. So, for myself I decided my morning cleanser can be the same product as my evening second cleanser.

My second cleanser (after I've used the balm) is a cleansing gel. The key is to look for something non-drying here, as gentle as possible. Any non-foaming, or SLES-free cleanser would work. BUT! The ultimate "judge" is your skin: it must feel clean (not "moisturised" or whatever), just clean, but there sould be no feening of any tightness or discomfort. For my whole life I used to think that it was ok to feel tight and uncomfortable after washing my face - you can always fix that with a moisturizer, can't you? Turns out, you can't! I personally realized my skin was dehydrated after all those harsh cleansers, but the moisturizer was still sitting on top of my skin without doing any job at all. I don't understand the science of this, but as soon as I switched to the gentle cleansing method, my skin NEVER feels tight again and my moisturizer does wonders!

Searching for the right second/morning cleanser turned out to be a tough job. They are all foaming (which means loaded with SLES, and therefore - overdrying), or have that tacky "moisturizing" effect, which does NOT mean "clean". So, I found mine in .a feminine care department. I am even embarassed to talk about that, but what can I do if they have wondeful products that can be used on your face! I picked this one below which is a local Belarusian brand.

Silky Gel for Intimate Hygiene by MODUM brand:



Just look at this delicious Ingredients' List!

Aqua, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate & PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Urea, D-panthenol, Coco Glucoside & Glyceryl Oleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lactic Acid, Parfum, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower & Leaf Extract, Benzyl Alcohol & Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Most feminine washes have an amazing formula: very gentle, with no SLS, their PH is usually properly balanced, and they contain lactic acid. This one, that I am using, is even safe to be used on children! I can't even imagine a better product for cleansing my face! I massage a small amount all over my dry face (right after I wiped the balm off with a moist towel), and then wash it off. My skin feels incredibly clean, but there is no dryness, or any tightness AT ALL. Probably, the first cleanser in my life with such an amazing result!

I am not saying you have to replace skincare products with feminine hygiene products. I am just living in a country with a limited choice of brands available. I belive, great skincare brands have come up with similar products already. I plan to do my research an discover that. But whatever great ingredient labels you find, it still all comes to one thing: testing, testing, testing!

Here is a link  for an online-store where this gel can be bought with worlwide shipping!

And I also use this one for washing my face in the mornings as well. The issue with morning cleanse used to big big for me as well. I went from not washing my face at all, just splashing it with water while taking the shower (you went to bed with a clean face, after all, ha-ha), to using harsh face washes and micellar water. Your morning cleanser has to be gentle, but effective. So, the requirements are a the same as for that second cleanse, so you need just one product. Just remember: you don't need anything labeled as make-up remover in the morning!

Ok, it is time to fiinish this long cleansing-routine-talk. The next steps in my skincare routine definitely need a separate post now as well!

Я, конечно, уже было разнесла в пух и прах всю тему ухода за лицом. И до сих пор мое мнение, в принципе, не изменилось. Изменился мой подход к выбору средств, в результате чего сформировалась очень неплохо подходящая мне ежедневная система ухода, которой я хочу сегодня поделится. А самое главное - я все-таки нашла среди всего многообразия средств и производителей несколько достойных продуктов.

Все оказалось очень просто: нужно составить свою систему ухода за лицом, перечень конкретных продуктов, научится читать этикетки - а потом идти и конкретно покупать то, что нужно.

То, что нужно! А не что-то из линии, которая у вас уже есть. Если вам, к примеру, нравится тоник определенной марки - это не значит, что вам нужен крем из этой же серии. И уж тем более, если вам нравится помада у какого-то производителя - не надо автоматически идти к нему же за кремом! 

А еще - не надо читать отзывы! Это - мой совет, рожденный из собственных ошибок, ценой испорченной кожи и огромных дыр в "бьюти"-бюджете, которые я еще не скоро сумею закрыть!

Особенно не советую руководствоваться в выборе косметических средств так называемой "Бьюти-энциклопедией" с сайта paulaschoce. Ох, как же я купилась на это "предприятие"!  Благодаря ему, было куплено это и это. А еще - почти был сделан заказ продукции самого бренда Paulas Choice (с их безумной стоимостью доставки в Беларусь за (!) 80 $).

Дело в том, что все отзывы там сделаны очень хитро. На первый взгляд кажется, что все искренне и бескорыстно. Подробное описание продукта, истории брендов, "за" и "против" для каждого средства, и т.п. И так легко всем этим пользоваться! Просто выбираем продукты с наивысшей оценкой их нужных категорий - и получаем прямо готовый список покупок!

Но стоит, как я, разочароваться во многих высоко оцененных продуктах,  начинаешь присматриваться внимательнее ко всем этим отзывам - и на многое открываются глаза! Во-первых, всегда высокая оценка средств от своей собственной марки - Paulas Choice. Вообще-то, если претендуешь на роль "косметического суда", то свою собственную продукцию следовало бы исключить - как же тогда непредвзятость? Во-вторых, прослеживается несоответствие в отзывах: в некоторых средствах спирт - это почему то-то компонент, травмирующий кожу и опускающий это средство на низшую ступень рейтинга, а в других - тот же спирт остается незамеченным, и средство почему-то получает самую высокую оценку. Ну а в-третьих - мне очень не нравится, когда косметическое средство оценивают по его стоимости. Вообще не люблю, когда упоминают цену. Чтобы те, кто покупают крем за 100 долларов устыдились? Вообще-то - это личное дело каждой женщины, сколько она МОЖЕТ или ХОЧЕТ потратить на косметику.  Разносить косметический продукт в пух и прах из-за его высокой по чьему-то мнению (!) стоимости - это уже как-то низко. Хотя, ладно, это - чужой сайт и чужие правила, просто не надо было на все это вестись!

Итак, обратимся же, в конце концов, к достойным продуктам!

Сегодня я расскажу лишь о первой ступени ухода - об очищении. Но иона сама по себе обязательно состоит из двух этапов:

1. Снятие макияжа.
2. Собственно очищение лица.

Этап номер один и, соответственно, герой номер один - 
Бальзам для снятия макияжа Clinique Take the Day off Cleansing Balm.

Итак, вопрос: может ли быть приятным такой процесс, как снятие макияжа?

Лично мой ответ всегда был - нет, пока я не попробовала этот бальзам. 

Изначально я вообще считала, что для снятия макияжа достаточно умыться вечером с каким-нибудь средством для умывания. А демакияжи, всевозможные молочки и сливки, масла и бальзамы - это так, для тех, кому нечем заняться. А потом я случайно заметила, помыв руки с мылом после нанесения тонального крема - что тональник-то полностью не смылся! Я была в шоке! Я представила, сколько лет я вот также оставляла плохо смытую косметику на лице. Я сразу поняла, откуда все эти забитые поры, черные точки и т.п. И с тех пор такая фахза, как демакияж, стала для меня обязательной.

Обязательной - но не значит любимой. Чтобы снять макияж молочком, нужно потратить кучу времени, извести миллион ватных дисков, да и сама процедура не из приятных - кожу придется хорошо потереть, потерпеть пощипывания (почему-то мне любое молочко щиплет - хотя кожа у меня НЕ чувствительная). 

Дальнейшие поиски и привели меня к бальзама для снятия макияжа. Ну а поскольку в стране, где я живу, просто так ничего не купишь (не прибегая к онлайн-шоппингу и длительному ожиданию) - я приобрела то, что оказалось доступно в местных магазинах, а именно бальзам от Клиник!

Во-первых, у него замечательный состав. Без минерального масла и спирта, короткий и понятный.

Ну а во-вторых, пользоваться им - сплошное удовольствие. Почему-то невероятно приятно доставать бальзам из баночки, затем наносить его на лицо, помассировать хорошенько, почувствовать, как макияж прямо растворяется под пальцами, а потом приложить к лицу теплое влажное полотенце - и одним движением все стереть. Никаких миллионов ватных дисков, никакого трения и раздражения - и при этом весь макияж удален! А еще, несмотря на то, что вся продукция Клиник имеет пометку "без отдушек", у этого бальзама я чувствую какой-то едва уловимый сливочный аромат, который просто сводит меня с ума и добавляет наслаждение процессу снятия макияжа. Нет-нет, я верю, что фирма Клиник действительно не добавляла в бальзам отдушек -просто у меня какой-то чувствительный нос!

Вот, заодно, и готовый пример, почему не следует доверять отзывам из Paulas Choice. Там написано, что данный бальзам - для очень сухой кожи, не склонной к высыпаниям. У меня как раз совершенно противоположный тип кожи: жирная и склонная к высыпаниям. Так вот, с тех пор, как я стала пользоваться этим бальзамом, у меня ни разу не было никаких высыпаний, а жирность кожи значительно уменьшилась! И, вообще, никакой он жирный: консистенция бальзама достаточно масляная для того, чтобы хорошо растворить и удалить макияж, и при этом после смывания на лице не остается ни малейшей жирной пленки. 

Я никогда не понимала, зачем подбирать очищающее средство под тип кожи. Средства для жирной кожи обычно пересушивают кожу (типа подсушивают воспаления и матируют), а для сухой - оставляют противную пленку, т.е. не до конца очищенную кожу (типа увлажняющий эффект). Увлажнять и лечить воспаления на лице - это не задача очищающего средства, и уж тем более - средства для снятия макияжа. Так что я пришла к выводу, что лучшее очищающее средство - то, на котором указано "для всех типов кожи". Это уже означает, что производитель хорошо понимает смысл и правила ухода за лицом. 

Есть, конечно, еще одно замечательное средство для снятия  макияжа - мицеллярная вода. Оно действительно прекрасно удаляет макияж. Но, во-первых, оно тоже требует извести миллион ватных дисков, а во-вторых - по сравнению с бальзамом, мицеллярная вода все-таки сушит кожу.  Я еще раньше любила использовать мицеллярную воду для утреннего очищения, чтобы отказаться от умывания водопроводной водой. Но это оказалось ошибкой. Каким бы не было обманчивым в названии слово "вода", это - СРЕДСТВО ДЛЯ СНЯТИЯ МАКИЯЖА. Причем достаточно сильное. А зачем нам утром демакияж? Утром нужно очищающее средство, и оно же - второй этап вечернего очищения.

И оно же - герой номер 2!

Перед тем, как давать его название  и фото - небольшой комментарий, а то всех напугаю!

Мне нужно было мягкое средство без сульфатов, т.е. НЕ пенящееся. Кто вообще придумал, что средство для умывания должно прямо взбиваться в пену (я даже где-то читала, что бывают какие взбиватели специальные - превращать гель в пену). Средство для посуды, к примеру: чем больше пены, тем лучше отмывает жир. Нужен ли такой эффект на лице??? При том, что макияж мы уже сняли бальзамом, и нужно лишь мягкое средство освежиться и закрепить результат. Поэтому я и выбрала то, что приведу ниже: без сульфатов, минерального масла и спирта, содержит молочную кислоту - т.е.еще и мягко отшелушивает. 

Нюанс в том, что нашлось такое средство лишь среди линий для ... интимной гигиены.


Так что герой номер 2 - Гель-шёлк для интимной гигиены cерии "Ветка сакуры" от белорусской фирмы "МОДУМ":
                                         
Только взгляните на этот восхитительный состав:

Aqua, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate & PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Urea, D-panthenol, Coco Glucoside & Glyceryl Oleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lactic Acid, Parfum, Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower & Leaf Extract, Benzyl Alcohol & Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Возможно, среди средств для лица тоже есть подобные составы. Но мне нужно было что-то, что я могу купить здесь и сейчас. Среди средств для лица мне ничего не подошло: везде либо сульфаты, либо спирт, либо минеральное масло. А преимущество средств для интимной гигиены - они очень мягкие, у них сбалансирован ph. А именно этот гель подходит даже для детей с 3 лет!

Лично мне очень нравится им умываться. Я наношу его на сухую кожу (либо сразу, как только сняла макияж бальзамом, либо с утра, перед душем), мягко массирую и смываю водой. По ощущениям этот гель - и правда, как шелк. После умывания - никакой стянутости, сухости, шелушений, никакой "увлажняющей" пленки. Первое (!) в моей жизни средство для умывания с таким результатом!

Что ж, теперь осталось найти что-то для лица с подобным составом! А может быть, "Модум" тем временем выпустит такое средство? Всего-то надо переклеить этикетку ;!

No comments:

Post a Comment