Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Home Wear


My obsession with clothes began 4 years ago, when I first realized I was stuck at home from morning till night, and nowhere to dress up to! Previously I used to go to work, and that had been a perfect opportunity to practice my taste and style. Now I had a real challenge, so I started with homewear.

I am strongly against wearing anything old, stained or piled at home. Now I can imagine a lot of moms with small babies looking at me like I am crazy. Believe me, I know what I am talking about! I am still feeding my son 6 times a day, holding him in my lap, so I know about drooling, spitting, stains, etc.
Ok, first I did overdo a little bit with homewear. I started to wear silk dresses, dress pants and skirts at home. But it did fell a bit inappropriate and uncomfortable. Then I switched to knit dresses and t-shirts. But there was another problem - piling. A few wears - and the item could be thrown away. So finally I discovered Juicy Couture. Their terry and velour turned out to be perfect: stylish, fun, comfortable and no piling! Unfortunately this only relates to this brand. Al the other velour tracksuits are waste of money.
Okay, Juicy tracksuits are number one in homewear, but there are a few other options. Like jeans and shirts, I mean the woven shirts, not the knit ones.
Or, for summer, when it is really really hot I like to wear shorts with bra tops, or dresses.



Why am I so fixed on this homewear topic? Is it even worth mentioning? To me it is. To me it has become a lifesaver. I wake up in the morning, I put on nice neat and stylish clothes, I apply my make up (yes, I do a full make up at home!), and I am ready to face my life, proving to myself and the world around me that I did not break,  I did not give up.

BUT! I am only wearing tracksuits at home, never out! Even if I am going for a walk with my son, or going grocery shopping, I like to have some fun with outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment