Thursday, July 15, 2021

Too Dressy Even For Me?/ Слишком нарядно даже для меня?

 


Dress/ платье: 3.1 Philip Lim
Shoes/ обувь: Dolce Vita Paily
Bag/ сумка: Patricia Nash 

I have a confession to make: I may dress and look like that chic confident woman, but this is not who I am. I am shy and insecure, and introvert, and I have anxiety as an actual diagnosis. When I dress the way I dress I don’t feel comfortable by any means. And I don’t INTEND to be comfortable. I want to be the opposite to comfortable. That may sound crazy but this is how I challenge life and rise above its circumstances. I challenge my miserable lifestyle. I challenge my shy and anxious personality. I challenge the world around me that is dressed in leggings and workout shorts. I came to this challenge hack when I fist started battling panic attacks. When I realized I am the only one to help myself fighting them, I started challenging them. By dressing up in my brightest and boldest clothes and taking the subway. Because subway triggered my most massive panic attacks and I thought that if I am dressed bold and beautiful, I will have no way to hide from them, I’ll challenged them and I’ll defeat them. Somehow, it worked. 

So, no, this dress is not too dressy. It is no worse than booty shorts and tank tops. It is a cotton summer dress that’s perfect for hot weather. I will not go running errands at daytime wearing a cocktail dress or a ball gown, but this particular one is not one of those for sure!

Я должна кое в чем признаться. Несмотря на сой стиль и внешний вид, я вовсе не шикарная, уверенная в себе женщина. Я слишком стеснительная, не общительная и, вдобавок, имею диагноз «панические атаки». Нет, мне не удобно в моей одежде, но я к этому и не стремлюсь. Потому что с моим характером мне будет удобно слиться с толпой или с мебелью и не высовываться. Но одеваясь ярко, я как будто бросаю вызов всем своим жизненным обстоятельствам: своему ненавистному образу жизни, своему характеру и миру вокруг, одетому в легинсы и спортивные штаны.














No comments:

Post a Comment