Thursday, June 4, 2015

Vacation Prep! Part One. Philosophical./ Собираемся в отпуск! Часть первая. Философская.

                                                                                           Palanga, Lithuania, the Pier




Yes, my vacation is coming! That early in summer, in just one week! Next Monday I will be leaving for Palanga, Lithuania, which is a beautiful resort town on the Baltic seaside. I've been going there for the last 4 years. It's become my choice of sumner vacation because of my son: the doctors recommended the same climate zone, as the one we live in, but there is sea, and sun, and pines, which make the air very healthy, iodine-infused.

But is has also become my own favourite vacation spot. I mean VACATION here, not TRAVELING! These are 2 very different things for me. Traveling is my hobby, my passion, and the place I'll always choose to travel to is a place I've never been to, as far away as possible, until I've traveled around the whole world. A vacation, on the other hand, has to be easy to get to, with comfortable living conditions, have health benefits (like air and stuff) and a relaxing atmosphere. Palanga is the perfect choice at the point of my life: though in a different country, it is just 5-hour drive from home. The border can turn it into twice that number of hours, which is an unfortunate circumstance. I don't really get all these visas and borders, and queues at passing the border - it is 21st century, computers everywhere, and we still have to deal with all that crap just to go to a neighbor country!

And to finish my point, being able to combine travel and vacation in one is the biggest luxuries in the world, if you can afford it!

My choice of vacation is also amazing from a fashionista's point of view! If you go somewhere very very hot - you'd probably wear your bikini all day long, lay in the sun and swim. I don't personally like it.

First, I hate bikinis ever since I gave birth to my son. Though I now weigh 15 pounds less than before pregnancy and work out regularly - my body just doesn't look bikini-appropriate.

Second, I hate tanning. By the way, when exactly did tanning become popular and trendy again? I remember reading all those fashion magazines back at the end of the 90-s - beginning of 2000s, and they all kept writing how damaging and dangerous tanning is, how we should wear a sunblock all the time and avoid laying at the sun AT ALL.  Now, for some reason tanning is trendy again. Having pale legs and showing them off without at least applying some self-tanner in considered almost criminal. Don't get me wrong: I love sun, I don't avoid it, I just hate laying in the sun and tanning myself till the grilled chicken condition. Besides all that sun damage, I get too bored just laying there doing nothing - I much more prefer walking instead!

Third, and that might come as a shock - I hate swimming. I love water, love looking at it, but I hate soaking myself in any kind of water, whether it is sea, ocean or pool. It is just too cold, too wet and uncomfortable for me. I am not only talking about the Baltic sea - I know the Baltic is cold! I mean any kind of water - I just don't like going into it. Even if it is some place very hot, like Egypt, or Florida, I don't get any urge to soak myself in water. It still IS too cold for me, and it doesn't stop the sun from burning your head and being very hot.

So, you may have guessed: I love Palanga because it sets me free from wearing that unflattering bikini, from tanning and from swimming - all at at once!

To be completely honest, I do come home with a tan! I have very pale skin, I hardly ever burn, nor do I tan, even in the hottest countries - for example, there were summers when I'd spend 3 weeks in Spain and still come home as pale as I left. But Palanga has something special in its climate that makes me tan very quickly. I will talk more about this in the third part of my vacation post series, which will be dedicated to beauty!

Talking about fashion, that climate is amazing: that is the only place wher I can wear shorts combined with parkas, trench coats with sandals - and look very appropriate and very comfortable.

So, you might guess, that my packing list for that vacation is pretty long and various. If you are going to a very hot country, you may just throw a few pairs of shorts and t-shirts, and a couple of bikinis in your luggage, and you are ready. I usually take a lot, and traveling by car is a huge advantage! Your car becomes your suitcase, and you dont have to worry about those stupid airplane luggase limits!

In my next post I will talk about my vacation fashion tips in detail! See you soon!

Итак, пришло лето, а значит - пора отпусков. Так получилось, что мой отпуск случится очень скоро: в понедельник я поеду на 2 недели в Палангу, литовский курортный городок на Балтийском море. Туда я езжу уже 4 года подряд. Выбор не случаен: моему сыну в связи с его диагнозом рекомендованы только поездки в рамках нашей климатической зоны, никакого там юга и т.п. Выбор, естественно, пал на Палангу: всего 5 часов езды от дома (граница, конечно, может изрядно подпортить картину и удвоить это время, но что поделаешь, если в 21 веке нам до сих пор усложняют жизнь все эти границы, таможни, визы, даже не хочу начинать рассуждения на эту тему!), прекрасный климат - не жарко и солнечно, и очень здоровый, насыщенный йодом воздух.

Скажу сразу: для меня понятия "путешествие" и "отдых" - это 2 совершенно разных понятия! Путешествия - это увлечение, страсть, и оно происходит по принципу: побывать там, где ты раньше не был. Чем дальше и экзотичнее - тем лучше! Пока не объедешь весь мир.

Отдых же должен соответствовать совсем другим требованиям: недолгая и комфортная дорога,нормальные бытовые условия со всеми удобствами и польза для здоровья (ведь главная цель отдыха - оздоровления ребенка).

А еще Паланга - просто рай для меня с точки зрения моды и красоты. Там не жарко, поэтому не нужно страдать от того, что из одежды можно ходить только в бикини. А я, если честно, вообще терпеть не могу эти бикини. Точнее говоря, после родов я вообще не могу их себе позволить. Хоть я сейчас и вешу на 7 кг меньше, чем до беременности, и активно занимаюсь фитнесом - мой живот никак позволяет выставлять его на всеобщее обозрение. И мне плевать на загар, потому что внутренний комфорт и уверенность в себе - прежде всего.

И загораешь я между прочим тоже не люблю! Я вообще не понимаю, с каких это пор загар вдруг опять вошел в моду? С каких пор загорать стало безопасно? Я еще помню мои первые глянцевые журналы в конце 90-х - начале 2000-х, которые каждое лето твердили одно и то же: загорать вредно, загорать нельзя вообще, а на солнце выходить - только намазавшись санблоком. Я тогда это четко уяснила и поверила. Теперь нате - все вернулось: опять нас отовсюду призывают заорать! А если у тебя бледные незагорелые ноги и ты решилась их обнажить, надев короткую юбку или шорты, при этом хотя не намазавшись автозагаром - это уже почти уголовно наказуемо! Толко не поймите меня неправильно: я очень люблю солнце. Я даже считаю его жизненно необходимым в разумных дозах, особенно нам, видящим его только по праздникам. Но должно же быть чувство меры! Зачем лежать на пляже и доводить себя до состояния курицы гриль?

А еще (сейчас все будут шокированы) - я не люблю плавать. Ни в море, ни в океане, ни в бассейне - вообще, ни в какой воде! А еще говорят, Рак - водный знак! В воде мне всегда холодно, мокро и неприятно. Причем даже в жару меня туда не тянет "освежиться" - ногам все равно холодно, а голову все равно безжалостно печет, а вода еще и дополнительно притягивает ультрафиолет! Люблю гулять по берегу, даже босиком и по воде, люблю смотреть на воду, обожаю шум волн, но купаться - извольте, нет! 

Вот почему прекрасна Паланга! От загорания и от купания мы избавлены, зато есть возможность много гулять, наслаждаться морем и солнцем (издалека;). И наряжаться! Ну где еще можно носить шорты с паркой, плащ с босоножками, и при этом выглядеть не только уместно, но и по погоде?

А для любителей позагорать - всегда можно отправиться в дюны и жариться там себе сколько угодно: цвет куры гриль вам обеспечен. Лично у меня очень бледная кожа и я очень плохо загораю. В юности я могла провести 3 недели  летом на юге Испании и вернуться домой  в таком же белоснежном состоянии, в котором уезжала. А в Паланге почему-то загораю! Хотя целенаправленно не лежу на солнце.

В следующих двух постах я подробно расскажу об отпускной моде и красоте. До скорого!


4 comments:

  1. wonderful post!

    http://www.carmenantal.com/
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scenery!
    xx,
    Marie

    http://livriot.blogspot.com/2015/06/xxii.html
    http://livriot.blogspot.com/2015/06/xxii.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! Have a nice weekend!

    Alice Cerea,
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    Join this new blogger network, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete