Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year's Eve/ Новогодняя ночь



Blouse/ блуза: Zara
Skirt/ юбка: Zara
Shoes/ туфли: Brian Atwood
Tights/ колготки: Calzedonia

Nails/ лак: Dior Darling Blue

As you may have noticed - I did get that outfit on time after all! And I did wear a NEW outfit for New Year's Eve. 

I do have a crazy funny story about buying this outfit. I first saw this skirt and this blouse in a Zara store in Warsaw in November. But I was there briefly, my son and my husband were with me and we had a long trip back home ahead of us. So I did not actually have any time for shopping. That wasn't a problem though, because I knew I was going to Lithuania later, in December, and would definitely find a Zara store there as well. However, in Lithuania I wasn't lucky and couldn't find these blouse and skirt in my size. I was SO upset! New Year's Eve was approaching and I had nothing to wear! The closer it was, the more obsessed I was becoming with getting this exact outfit! Finally, I was able to find a way to order it online from Zara. I got it on December 26 and felt like my mission was fulfilled! Stupid, I know.

There is something so special about this outfit! Somehow it has both a modern and an old-time vibe to it, and it it makes me feel just magic. I can't explain this: it is like being beyond time and beyond age, beyond any circumstances and any problems.

The one problem with this outfit was to make it look stylish instead of old-fashioned. Therefore, I instanly ruled out the idea of wearing my hair in an updo. But my main "helper" was as usual: the makeup. Ok, the first one was painting my nails in this blue Dior nail polish. It was like the opposite of wearing a red nail polish, or a nude one: something unexpected, bold and a little bit naughty!

As for makeup, I wore the green eyeshadow (Clinique "lOn Safari" pallette), some black eyeliner topped with some ... gold eyeliner! Not that old-fashioned, is it?

Как вы, наверное, догадались - я таки заполучила себе новый наряд к новому году. С ним получилась в итоге вообще дурацкая история. Впервые я увидела эти юбку и блузу в магазине Зара в Варшаве. Но тогда время для шопинга было вообще неподходящее: со мной были муж и сын, и мы уже торопились уезжать домой. И в общем-то не волновалась, т.к. знала, что в скором времени поеду еще в Литву, и там точно будет магазин Зара.

Но в Литве мне тоже не повезло: моего размера не оказалось. А загналась я уже, тем временем, не на шутку. В конце концов, я нашла возможность и заказала чертов наряд онлайн с сайта Зара. 

Даже не знаю, что именно меня так привлекло, но в этом наряде я чувствую себя просто нереально! Вне времени, вне обстоятельств, немного старомодно, немного современно, и, безусловно, очень женственно.

Но вместе со всеми этими прекрасными ощущениями ВНУТРИ, мне пришлось задуматься, как "СНАРУЖИ" выглядеть стильно, а не старомодно. Первым моим помощником был лак. Я специально припасла этот прекрасный синий лак Диор для нового года! Он такой яркий, такой непредсказуемый и даже веселый! 

Ну и, конечно, макияж! Я долго думала и решила сделать акцент на зеленых тенях. Затем добавила черную стрелку, а наверх - золотую. Не очень старомодно, правда?









2 comments:

  1. Hi Olga and congratulations for this outfit. This green color is perfect and your midi skirt is really elegant. I wish you a very happy 2016. Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Bloglovin of Eniwhere Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly missed this post. Olga you look divine. Elegant and sophisticated. The skirt is gorgeous. Love your golden curtains.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete