Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mood For Nude

Day:                                                                          Night:
 
Trench coats: both Juicy Couture
Sweater: Theory
Skirt: Free People
Tights: Calzedonia
Boots: Seychelles
Necklace: Pieces
Watch: Juicy Couture
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban

Nails: OPI Mod About You

I didn't initially plan to shoot 2 options of this look, but at night I just changed the trench coat and I liked the result as well, so I decided to post the both of them on my blog, one for day, one for night. Besides, the daytime look had some mistakes, which I wanted to correct.

First, the skirt needed to be pulled a little bit up (or, made a bit shorter). This skirt definitely looks better when only the ruffles are seen, and the waistband is mostly covered by the top. This also adds height and leg length, which is always a good thing! The idea of this skirt is to look as if a slip just peeks out underneath the sweater and the coat. And let's confess: this IS actually a slip skirt, which I already mentioned HERE.

Second, the sweater's hem needed to be rolled up a little bit to ger rid of those awful creases. This is something I hate about those long tops. Why, or why, are they made SO long??? I undersand tunics, but this one is a form-fitting sweater, and it is my size, so why, or why, does it have to be SO long??? It is such a common mistake, that can ruin any outfit: take a top that is too long and it will create creases all over your stomach are, looking awful! This sweater is so amazing, it is cozy textured thick knit, large collar, camel color - just what I need for layering, when I neede a contrast for a slip skirt, for example. Unfortunately I bought it online, and it is the brand I love (Theory), so I do wear it a lot, but it definitely had to be wider!

So, as the "Night" look has definitely turned out to be more successful, I am adding a few more pictures of it, especially this one below, so funny!




No comments:

Post a Comment