Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Ladylike.

Trench: Juicy Couture
Shirt Dress: Zara
Tights: Calzedonia
Boots: Chinese Laundry
Necklace: Monet
Bag: Louis Vuitton

Lipstick: Elizabeth Arden Coral
Nails: OPI Uh Oh Roll
 Down the Window

I've recently discovered this shirt dress in the back of my closet and I've been wearing a LOT! What a versatile piece of clothing!

1. It is white. Perfectly bold but neutral color at the same time. Can be dressed up and down till you get bored, which will actually never happen.

2. It is shirt style. Shirt dresses have been super trendy this past spring-summer season, but in my opinion, a white shirt dress will always look fresh and modern. The only thing you have to do is find the shape that's right for you. Which leads to my next point...

3. It is wide a flowy, more of a tunic style. For some reason I've never liked the way a classic shirt dress looks on me, I mean the form fitting ones, that look like a long button-down shirt.

So, the dress is well-discussed and let's talk about the rest of the outfit. I had  "ladylike" idea in my mind, so I chose a classic trench and a beige palette. I even took out this old Louis Vuitton handbag to keep up with this idea. And a large flower necklace! And I completed it with my hair style: what's more feminine than a high bun?

But as usual, I didn't want to look like an ACTUAL business lady, so I brought some contrast with my shoes and ... nails. I've just received this new nail polish - OPI Uh Oh Roll Down the Window which is a dark mossy green. I was dying to try it, though I am going to wear it mostly later in autumn and winter. It was a perfect match to the color of my necklace and a fun contrast to my ladylike look!






No comments:

Post a Comment