Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sunset With My Sexy Boyfriend.

Cardigan: New Look
Top: The Limited
Jeans: GAP
Shoes: Tamaris
Bag: Michael Kors
Watch: Juicy Couture
Belt: unknown
Necklace: Pieces


Ok, sorry GAP, I borrowed the name of the jeans for my post title, but this is was these jeans are called, and they do live up to their name. Like I mentioned before I never even imagined that I would be participating in this boyfriend jeans trend. I thought: why should a woman wear something disgusting, baggy, oversized when there are so many flattering feminine clothes out there? Well, the boyfriend jeans ARE indeed perfect for ANY woman! They probably work better than any other jean style. Those dark blue jeans, often highly recommended as basic, would look just boring unless you properly style them. With boyfriend jeans, you would just look stylish the moment you put them on. Another popular jean style are the skinny jeans. Those are tricky as well. First, they hardly flatter a any body type (models advertising them are not counted). And they hardly improve any outfit. Skinny jeans mostly work as a base for your outfit. For example, I like to wear them with tall boots and Uggs in winter, just pairing jeans with a tunic-style long sweater. With boyfriend jeans, you don't have to worry about your figure - they don't emphasize any of your body parts, and they even hide certain flaws, like, in my case, thighs.
As to today's outfit, I've had it in mind for a while: pairing the boyfriend jeans, a delicate camisole top and a textured knit cardigan. In my opinion, this cool combination of the contrasts looks and feels amazing. Definitely makes you feel sexy and romantic. I would most certainly wear this outfit for a date with a sexy boyfriend!

Now, a few things I DON'T like about this outfit, a few mistajkes:
1. The wide white belt. Definitely, a mistake. Makes my waist wide and looks too bold. A white beld will most likely go to my What not to Wear List. I am now thinking and don't really imagine any look where a white belt would be flattering. As for this look, a thin beige or brown belt would have worked best.
2. The shoes. Ideally, this look must have pointy toe high heeled pumps or strappy high heeled sandals. Unfortunately I don't own any of these so I went with the most acceptable pair I own.






No comments:

Post a Comment