Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Black Currant Yougurt.





Okay, this is a quick silly post highly relevant to the whole nutrition quality improvement campaign!

One thing I am crazy about is ice-cream. And in summer I love to have it with berries. Just to take half kilo (1 lb) of vanilla or chocolate ice-cream, mix it with any seasonal berries - and to eat it right away.
But ice-cream is no good. I don't want to sound boring, but it has a lot of fat, chemical colourings  and flavourings, and it might contain some bacteria as well. So if I decided to eat healthy and natural food, ice- crem has to go!
Still yesterday I was facing a small bucket of black currants from my mother-in-law's garden, and suddenly decided to make a yoghurt. So I just put those currants in a blender together with kefir (this is what we have here in Eastern Europe, in USA and other countries it is nonfat youghurt).
After blending for a minute, I put it throught a sieve to get rid of the skin from the berries, and here we have a tasty, refreshing and highly nutritious drink!
My ice-cream craving is solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment